Full Day Tour (8 hours)
Days: Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays
Combine our Christchurch city and Lyttelton tours for the best foodie adventure on the South Island! This tour includes lunch with matching wines.
In the morning, we will take you to sample some of the best Christchurch cuisine on offer. From an entrepreneurial coffee roaster with roof-top gardens, to a Maori cafe with indigenous plants and food, we’ll introduce you to lots of local characters with interesting food stories to tell. You’ll get to taste local cheeses, meats, olive oil, breads, spices, wine and more.
Travel around the city in a comfortable vehicle, taking in many of the local sights that other tours don’t visit, and meeting real locals who love real local food. If you’re looking for an unconventional introduction to Christchurch, this is the tour for you.
This tour includes lunch and a glass of local wine at a renowned restaurant with a garden-to-plate philosophy, using local ingredients that change with the seasons.
In the afternoon, we visit the epicentre of the February 2011 earthquake, Lyttelton, which is also the epicentre of community, music, scenery and food! From an ethical café/coffee roaster to an award-winning bartender and a working goat farmer, you’ll hear the stories of some wonderful characters that make this village so special. You’ll have the chance to taste award-winning chocolate, meats, cheeses, hand-ground spices and raw milk – all produced in the Harbour Basin.
We will pick you up at your central city accommodation for this tour between 8:30 and 9:00am (time will be confirmed on booking) and will finish at approximately 5:00pm with a return transfer to your CBD accommodation.
- Pick up and drop off at your CBD accommodation (email us for options if you are staying outside CBD)
- Personalised tour of the best foodie spots in both Christchurch and the Harbour Basin (max 6 guests)
- Sample a range of local food products in both the city and Harbour Basin
- Learn how to use local foods in range of unusual dishes (recipes included)
- Comprehensive list of all our recommended Christchurch and Harbour Basin cafes, restaurants, global food shops and producers
- Gourmet lunch with matching wine
- Finish the day with a beer tasting in our favourite NZ pub!