Morning Tour: Christchurch (4 hours)
Days: Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays
We will take you to sample some of the best food on offer in Christchurch. From an entrepreneurial coffee roaster with roof-top gardens, to a Maori cafe with indigenous plants and food, we’ll introduce you to lots of local characters with interesting food stories to tell. You’ll get to taste local cheeses, meats, olive oil, breads, spices, wine and more.
Travel around the city in a comfortable vehicle, taking in many of the local sights that other tours don’t visit, and meeting real locals who love real local food. If you’re looking for an unconventional introduction to Christchurch, this is the tour for you.
This tour includes lunch and a glass of wine at a renowned restaurant with a garden-to-plate philosophy, using local ingredients that change with the seasons.
We will pick you up at your central city accommodation for this tour between 8:30 and 9:00am (time will be confirmed on booking) and will finish at approximately 1:00pm.
- Pick up and drop off at your CBD accommodation (email us for options if you are staying outside CBD)
- Personalised tour of Christchurch's best foodie spots (max 6 guests)
- Sample a range of local food products
- Learn about Maori food history and how to use local foods in range of unusual dishes (recipes included)
- Comprehensive list of all our recommended Christchurch cafes, restaurants, global food shops and producers
- Gourmet lunch with matching wine